Posts Resume Next Week
Many of you have been wondering why I haven’t been posting the past few months. Here’s the reason…On March 1st, I began a new position as Lead Pastor of Gentle Shepherd Church of the Nazarene in Hermitage, PA – what a wonderful group of people.
Here is a bullet point summary of the past few months…
- Just prior to closing on the sale of our old home, our fully finished basement flooded due to an issue with the sump pump. I made two emergency trips back to repair the damage, along with another trip to prepare the house for sale and move the remainder of our furnishings back to our new home in Hermitage.
- My wife fell down the steps of our new home in the middle of the night, earning her a trip to the ER with two broken fingers and lots of bumps and bruises.
- My son was involved in a car accident that required making arrangements with the insurance company to have the repairs made from out of town.
- My parents were in a serious car accident, making it necessary to take a five hour trip to their home so that I could provide for their immediate medical care. They are now recovering in a nursing rehab facility.
In dealing with each of these emergencies, I was reminded of a few brief leadership principles:
1. You can’t do everything yourself – delegation is an important part of leadership and much more can be accomplished by working as a team.
2. In those moments when you have to handle things yourself, you must prioritize. As much as I have missed posting to my blog, I had to prioritize my family needs and church responsibilities over my other endeavors. In times of overload, having previously established priorities helps to bring clarity.
3. When the emergencies are over, you can return to your normal routine. As such, I plan to resume posting next week.
As a special bonus to all my subscribers, I will send you a copy of my NEW Preaching Calendar Planning Worksheet (a $9.99 value). This will arrive in your inbox Monday of next week. In the event that you do not receive it, please email me at email@example.com and I will forward it to you within 24 hours.
Thanks for hanging in there and I look forward to sharing some new thoughts next week.
P.S. I am willing to extend this free offer to anyone who signs up as a subscriber to my blog between now and midnight on Sunday. Please forward this post to any friends, pastors, or church leaders that you think might benefit from this blog and I will include them in this free offer!