Recently, I wrote a post entitled “Follow Your Passion,” in which I outlined my journey in leaving pastoral ministry to full-time leadership development. It was a long, heart-searching process that I went through to come to the place that I am at today. So, I thought it would be beneficial to follow up that post with a simple list of 10 questions for you to work through in discovering your passion and purpose in life.
These 10 questions come from John Maxwell’s book The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth, a topic that I enjoy teaching on. More specifically, they fall under his chapter on The Law of Awareness, which states “You must know yourself to grow yourself.” I am assuming that if you read my blog on a regular basis, your desire is to grow as a person and as a leader. But, how do we do that? One of the steps is in this area of self-awareness. Do you really know who you are? Have you taken the time to sit down and discover the unique individual that you are as God created you? If not, then set aside 15 minutes of your time to work through the answers to these 10 questions. It will be time well spent and you will have a greater understanding of who you are and what your passion in life really is!
- Do you like what you are doing now?
- What would you like to do?
- Can you do what you would like to do?
- Do you know why you want to do what you would like to do?
- Do you know what to do so you can do what you want to do?
- Do you know people who do what you’d like to do?
- Should you do what you’d like to do with them?
- Will you pay the price to do what you want to do?
- When can you start doing what you’d like to do?
- What will it be like when you get to do what you’d like to do?
If you would like to learn more about growing as a person, I highly recommend The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell. I will be starting a 4-week virtual mastermind soon. What my blog for an announcement concerning the details. It should post in the next 24 hours. I’d love to have you join me. All you need is a phone and a quiet location.
Enjoy your journey of self-discovery!