Feel free to use the following outline in your local church. However, don’t just use it as a last minute substitute for your lack of preparation. Rather, study it and make the changes that God leads you to make for it to fit your local situation.
Why Do I NEED To Give Myself To God Completely?
2 Samuel 11; Psalm 51 (NIV)
David’s Path to Failure (2 Samuel 11)
- David neglected his RESPONSIBILITIES
- David let down his guard and yielded to TEMPTATION
- David made a CHOICE
- David SINNED repeatedly against God
- David RECOGNIZED his wrong behavior
Our Path to Failure
- We NEGLECT the spiritual disciplines of prayer, reading the Word, and corporate worship
- We let down our guard and YIELD to temptation
- We MAKE a CHOICE against God’s ways
- We SIN against God
Why SHOULD I Give Myself Completely to God?
Psalm 51:1-13 (NIV)
- God is loving and MERCIFUL (v. 1)
- God is COMPASSIONATE (v. 1)
- God alone can CLEANSE us (v. 2-3)
- God is our JUDGE (v. 4)
- God desires MORAL INTEGRITY (v. 6)
- God is PURE (v. 10-11)
- God is our source of NEW LIFE (v. 12-14)
- God is our source of WORSHIP (v. 15)
- God desires a HUMBLE heart (v. 16-17)
What Will I EXPERIENCE When I Give Myself to God Completely?
- A HOLY God – David experienced a God that would not tolerate sin and disobedience
- A FORGIVING God – David experienced a God that forgives when we repent
- A HEALING God – David experienced a God that brought healing and a renewed relationship
ACTION POINT: Will you surrender EVERY area of your life to God today?