Feel free to use the following outline in your local church. However, don’t just use it as a last minute substitute for your lack of preparation. Rather, study it and make the changes that God leads you to make for it to fit your local situation.
LIVING IN HIS PRESENCE: Seeking God’s Presence
2 Kings 2:1-15a (NIV)
Read 2 Kings 2:1-15 (NIV)
Strategically POSITION Yourself Where You Find God Working
- His WORD – read the Bible
- His CHURCH – gather for corporate worship often
- His PEOPLE – small group gatherings of the church
Don’t expect to find God’s presence if you are not willing to go where God is at work!
MOVE When God Moves
Read Isaiah 43:18-19 (NIV)
Don’t expect to find God’s presence if you are not willing to move when God moves!
MAKE the Big Ask for God’s Presence
Don’t expect to find God’s presence if you are not willing to make the big ask!
- VOCATION – we allow our jobs to keep us from being in God’s presence
- FAMILY – we allow all the things that come with family distract us from being in God’s presence
- STUFF – the good things in life keep us from the best of being in God’s presence
Don’t expect to find God’s presence when you allow yourself to be distracted by the things of this world!
DO Something With God’s Presence
Why would God want to reveal his presence to those he knows will do nothing with it? God didn’t create us to feel better by being in his presence. He created us to have fellowship with him AND to go on his mission to win the world.
Don’t expect to find God’s presence when you refuse to do anything for God!
ACTION POINT: Are you SETTLING for the substitute for God’s presence? Or, are you SEEKING his presence daily?